Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Pants

I haven't bought any new clothes since I first started working out... well not counting my FIRST pair of workout pants, and new Rock Star shirt.. those don't count. But since I've been losing inches, I haven't gone down to a smaller size. I think I want to wait until I literally can NOT wear my clothes anymore before I buy something. Probably because I don't want to have to keep replacing my too big clothes.

My stretchy fat pants have already been sitting on a chair in my room for too months. Even with the elastic tightened, they're too baggy (WHOOP WHOOP). For the past few workouts my current workout pants have been falling down a little and I have to keep tightening the strings. Over and over and over throughout camp. It's pretty annoying. Last night I was a little puzzled... while working out they kept falling down and I had to pull them up several times. But while just standing thing, they were tight... I had fat rolls hanging over the side. They were as tight as I could make them without cutting off circulation. Why were they still falling down though?

Well turns out, I no longer have this fat shelf/donut/spare tire, whatever you want to call it around my belly that I guess would hold up my pants. HURRAY! The other day I was passing by a mirror and happened to glance over at myself and did a double take, took a step back and was a little amazed. My stomach looked flatter, not puffy anymore from my workout hiatus. Another YAY!!

Pretty soon I'm going to update my picture. Not yet, I just don't feel confident enough that I've made much of a difference from last time. I want to make sure there is a difference for me to see, so I don't get discouraged.

Other news...

A co-camper Tony constructed this monstrosity of a wall for the obstacle racers to practice getting over.

From the Rock Star Facebook page.
 It's intimidating. Frightening...I don't think I'll be even attempting to try this for quite some time. I'll watch the others and remind myself "someday". It is pretty cool though, Curtis needs to spray paint a big logo on it :)

The Spartan Race is coming up in February, so the wall will be great practice for those participating. I'll be there to support and snaps some pictures but it's not for me... this year. Next year, definitely.

.......... I had more to write, but I'll save it for another post because as I finish up this last sentence, my two year old is emptying the silverware drawer... SMH. This is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment