Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Better Late Than Never

Wow it's been SO long since I've blogged! Sorry if you've been checking only to find nothing new. It's been super busy around these parts.

After the sickness left our house I was able to finally make it back to camp (after a whole missed week) last Wednesday. It was extra special for me because my husband was there to join me. I was excited for him to see what I get the pleasure of doing 4-5 times a week. The beat downs I love and hate at the same time. I remember posting on the RSBC Facebook page for Curtis to make it an extra tough one, just to be sure Joel really had a good time. Lovely wife, aren't I? Yes. Anyway, he really liked it. He gave me props when we got home, not that he wasn't already proud of me, he was even more proud after he experience it for himself. He had AWFUL form.. Like... reallllyy bad. I had to laugh at him, just a little bit though, because I was there when I started. My first day I probably looked just as ridiculous. Maybe it's because he appears to be fit, tall, skinny.. etc. Skinny does NOT equal fit. I told him when we got home that he needed to work on his form before he hurts himself and I think he is interested in trying. At least at home with me. He was sore for days... 5 to be exact. I give him a hard time, but I was so proud of him and loved working out with him.



The next day was Thanksgiving, and the second annual RSBC Turkey morning workout. I took pictures of the event, You can see those here if you are interested. It was a huge turn out with 100+ campers and their families. Working out that morning gave campers a free pass at stuffing their faces. It was earned.

I didn't stuff my face though :) Thursday I had dinner at my in-laws house. I had a healthy portion, no seconds, and a piece of pie. Friday was dinner at my parents house. They don't cook as healthy as my husband's parents, so even though it was a holiday and I COULD'VE gone buck wild with the food, still I controlled myself. I started off with a HUGE helping of salad, like 2/3 of my plate full of salad. Ate that first, ate slowly, then proceeded to the rest of my meal. My sister made these amazing little turkey smokey things wrapped in turkey bacon and baked. I doubt they were nitrate free but omg were they good. I had a few of those. Small helpings of turkey, stuffing, potatoes. And then PIE. Yummy, delicious, creamy pie. Just a small sliver of each (3) to equal one regular size. It was sooo good.

I'm pretty proud of myself. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love the food, but more importantly I love getting all my family together. It's fun and chaotic. I normally would get so full from multiple helpings of food that I felt sick. Go into a food coma on the couch afterwards, etc. This time I didn't. I think I actually left both places hungry! Imagine that. I guess I just didn't care about the consequences in the past. Now I do.


So while I did eat food I normally shouldn't (stuffing, potatoes, pie), overall I didn't do too bad.

Next was Black Friday. One year (before children obviously) my husband and I camped out over night at Best Buy. I don't even think we bought anything great, but it was an experience. Since then, we'd scout the papers, see if there is anything that's a good deal, but don't need to start waiting in line at 10pm the night before for. For the past 2 years we've gone to Babies R Us to get their baby wipes door buster. A box of wipes for $5! That's like.. 50% off. Having 2 babies in diapers, that's a big deal. You can only buy 3 boxes though. The plan was for both of us to go, each get 3. Joel had to work so I had to go by myself. With both kids. Got my 3, ran to Target.. they didn't have my frames I wanted, went to the other BRU for 3 more boxes, they were sold out, went to the other Target for frames-- sold out.. hmpf. So 3 hours of in and out of stores, each time hauling both girls in and out of their car seats, into the stroller or shopping cart. I was exhausted and only got 3 boxes of wipes out of it! Disappointing.

It was a good workout though. I was sweating when I got home.

What's next... trying to remember the whole last week... Oh then it was the weekend. We hung our Christmas lights on the house, and put up out tree :)

Monday, I had to miss camp. It seems like I always miss Mondays. They're so hard to get anything done. Especially right now. It's busy season for me, so work-wise I'm swamped.

Don't fret- just because I miss camp, doesn't mean I don't get a good burn in during the day. It's much more boring, but I still do it. I'll hop on the elliptical for 20 minutes of cardio, then pop in Jillian's 30 day shred, which is another 20 minutes. It's pretty similar to boot camp, just again, boring. I love the group atmosphere.

AND I've missed my RSBC friends!

Tonight I was back. YAY. Got to see a few people. A few of them said I was looking thinner, thank you! Carmen said I was "looking little". I laughed because the last time I was little, I was a baby. It felt good to hear though. I'm getting there.

Today's camp was intense. I loved being back. It took me like 5 minutes after we were done just to catch my breath enough to put my mat and weights back! Time to pull it together, get back on the camp train. Hopefully no one around here gets sick again. I feel like I've missed so much camp lately and it actually bothers me. So referencing my post title:

Better Late Than Never.


Curtis said it near the end of camp tonight. I don't know why but it just stuck with me and I thought right there "That's my blog post tonight". I started reflecting at that moment. 


I was late to camp today by a few minutes, but I still made it.
I'm late, in life, at working out.
Late at being healthy.
Late at being the HAPPIEST I CAN be.
Late at loving myself to the fullest.

It really is better to be late than nothing at all. I can't afford 'never'. The time is now, even if I'm a little behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment