Monday, November 7, 2011

Skinny Days

I haven't had many 'skinny days', but have far too many 'fat days'. Not just in literal size, but the feeling. Looking in the mirror and seeing myself bloated and.. just not being happy with  myself. A few times over the course of 9 weeks that I've been at boot camp, I've had a few "skinny days". Today was one of them. I woke up this morning and my pants felt a little loose, I knew they were far too big when I put my cell phone in my pocket and they just about fell down to my ankles! I went and weighed myself, stupid scale. I think I'm finally going to get a new one that will give a full reading. I know it's wrong because I'll step on, it'll give me one number, then I'll get off and repeat and it's completely different number, usually about 5 lb difference. I want to measure body fat % so I think I'll get a nifty one.

Anyway, the scale is not my friend, but my pants fell down, so something is happening for sure!



Then I looked in the mirror and said "huh.." turned to the side, turned to the front again.. asked my husband, "Does my stomach actually look smaller to you? or is it just me" Being the good man that he is, of COURSE he told me I looked smaller, he's smart. But no really, my stomach felt "flatter" not bloated at all, less flabby. (am I giving you a mental image yet? LOL!) My face looked a little skinnier too, and my butt.. well, I can't tell but my husband, yet again with a smart answer, said it's getting pretty toned..  okay, Honey.

So I felt good all day. I love having to tighten the drawstrings of stretchy pants. I always thought they were stupid for being put in them. Why would you tighten pants made to stretch? I had to tighten my workout pants too at camp! Curtis got in some new t-shirts and hoodies with the camp logo on them, I've been waiting for one to represent! so I'm glad I finally got one. It's a long sleeve, just in time too. I was able to fit in a size smaller than I thought, but still ended up going with the large size so I'm comfortable while working out and have a little wiggle room.

Cardio Monday was awesome. I got those pains in my side that I haven't gotten since week one. Curtis said when that happens I should scale it back a notch. So I take it that that means I was working my tale pretty hard :)

Finished up with an amazing dinner.. the kale salad I posted about last week. I had a huge helping and added in some roasted chicken and pears. Definitely a new favorite of mine. Now it's movie time with the hubs before bed.

Lovely day! Thank you to all my friends, family and supports. Your encouragement really means a lot to me and a few words really do go a long way.

3 comments:

  1. way to go Erika!! I so wish I had your motivation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. update your before/present pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your skinny day!! keep up the hard work and dedication and there are a lot more of those in your future!

    ReplyDelete