Monday, June 20, 2011

Brain[storming] monsooning

I've come up with a set of achievable short term and long term goals. I need the short term, I think every one does. I feel so great when I finish something, it makes me want to keep going. This is why I don't make blankets. I knit and crochet and never again will with make a blanket... why? because it takes forEVA. Scarves? I've made TONS, because they're easy and I can make one in an hour. I've completed something, and I feel so accomplished. I can marvel at my work sitting right in front of me and think "wow, that was easy... lets make another!" With a blanket, I work on it for an hour at a time, and for days and days, I'm still looking at a heap of yarn. Unfinished.. and then I get bored. What's the result of this? A whole basket full of quarter/half done unfinished blankets, and a LOT of wasted yarn. So instead of my weight loss turning into an unraveling blanket, I'll make a bunch of scarves and sew them together. I'll lose small increments of weight, reach my goal, and in total I will have lost a whole load! In the end, I'll have a completed beautiful blanket.

Okay, enough about blankets. Here are my goals and rewards.

Lose 10 lbs $10 Towards New Wardrobe
Lose 25 lbs $15 ^^
Lose 35 lbs $10 ^^
Lose 50 lbs $15 ^^ and a MANI/PEDI (woot!)

So for the first 50lbs, it'll be 1$ per lb. I don't want to be buying tons of clothes before I reach my goal weight because I'll just be getting smaller. No sense in wasting while I'm wasting away!

This is all I'm going to focus on for now. There are more goals, but again.. scarves, not a blanket.

What am I looking forward to?

-shopping at the cool stores in the mall
-wearing high heels without piercing the earth
-spending less than $45 on a normal size bra
-hiking a mountain without nearly passing out
-running in the park with my kids
-being smaller than my husband
-wear a 2-piece swimsuit.. with NO cover up! *gasp* (even though it'll still probably be a tankini, dewd I've had 2 kids mmkay?)

That's just a few. The shoe thing... I love shoes, the cutest ones are always heels or wedges, but seriously all this weight on those things SUCK. Since my sister also has a shoe fetish and we share feet size, hopefully I'll get to indulge in her closet.. and borrow a few pairs for a night on the town!

Next: arrival of Elliptical Machine, building of Elliptical Machine, and first "weigh in" eek.

No comments:

Post a Comment