Friday, June 24, 2011

Hello-Goodbye

Today is the beginning of the new me and the end of the old me. It's taken A LOT of courage to take and post these images. But you know what? I just had to change my perspective. I shouldn't be embarassed (well maybe I should for getting this way) by how I look, because the whole point is I'm doing something about it. This is the last time I will ever look like this. Actually, since I've already done my first work out (which kicked my butt) I can say, these images are NOT me anymore. I'm already on the road to a better, healthier life.

I know in the end, or in a few weeks even, I'll look back at this and say "wow, look how far I've come." I'll use these images as motivation to move forward and never backward, unless I'm on the reverse setting on my elliptical machine ;) All my friends, family and supporters are seeing these which means I HAVE to do well. I can't let everyone down. I can't let my girls down. I can't let MYSELF down.

I should just forewarn. I planned on having my makeup on, and my hair done for these. Joel said I shouldn't because on all the TV shows, and weight-loss infomercials they have the "before" pictures of the people looking drab, depressed, and just awful. So, while not calling me "awful-looking", he said I needed to just take the pictures as is. My "after" pictures should be me all done up and HAWT... so he made this call for me. Fresh out of the shower, wet hair, no make up.. not even MOISTURIZER on. 

Day 1 June 24th, 2011
This morning I weighed 301 lbs.
"Hello, I am Erika, it's nice to meet you. Goodbye, you'll never see me [like this] again."

No comments:

Post a Comment