Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Week 2 Weigh-In

Okay this post is going to disappoint you, but I thought I'd update. I haven't blogged in a while SORRY! My computer crashed last week and I'm still trying to upload all my programs to process photos etc... So I can't post my week 2 picture quite yet.

As far as the workout situation. I'm still going strong. I didn't plan on weighing myself actually this week and just using measurements to see my progress for a few weeks. I tend to obsess over the scale, you know, pacing around it, talk to it... well not that creepy ha ha! But I'd get on it 2-3...4-5 times a day expecting magical numbers. I've read to weigh yourself first thing in the morning after a nights sleep, and that is your true weight. Well I do that.. then after morning workout, weigh again. huh? no change?... then a little later weigh again, WTH? I gained a pound.. lather rinse repeat. Weight fluctuates +/- a pound or 2 throughout the day I've noticed. So by the end of the day, I've "gained" two pounds.. It makes me twitch. But it's not true. Not sure what it is, maybe water weight, swelling, dinner...

Last week I asked the hubs to hide the scale so I can focus on working out and letting my body do it's thing. The numbers won't go down any quicker the more I stare at them. A pot of water will never boil if you're watching it right? I don't know if that's the actual saying, but something like it I guess!

So I'm down 2 more lbs. Four total for 2 weeks. I'm SURE it could be more. The beginning of July is birthday week in my family. My brother, sister, and mom all have birthdays 2-3 days apart from each other. Birthdays mean cake, BBQ, soft drinks (only because they don't believe in drinking water :/) and swimming. So after I ate a small bite of cake, we went swimming, I gave Elika to her daddy and I went in the deep end and did at least 45 minutes of water aerobics! LOL. Not quite aerobics, but some major arm work outs. I did enjoy the pool a little while I was at it, but swimming is such a good workout because you don't feel it for a while and I can go for much longer.

I'll post a picture as SOON as I can get one uploaded from my camera. Thank you everyone for continuing on with me and my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment