Thursday, October 20, 2011

CORE WARS! Boot Camp Friday

Not too much longer that I can call Thursdays boot camp Friday since starting November 4th there actually will be a REAL boot camp Friday session!

This week was awesome. I wont lie, I'm so ready for a relaxing day to recuperate before TRX Saturday. I'm absolutely addicted to Rock Star. What Curtis had planned for us was the perfect way to end the week off right.
During warm-up as we were getting a little taste of what the rest of the session entailed, I started to think that Curtis chose all of the hardest exercises and put them all into one.

Today we experienced the real Mad Minute.

60 seconds of work, 60 seconds of rest. Each minute of work was broken into 3, 20 second intervals. So 20/20/20, then rest for 60. I shouldn't say "rest" actually because we were doing more of an "active recovery". Jogging in place or down the alley, tire step ups, walking lunges etc. Then we'd move on to the next group of 3. The groups were:

1. Walk outs/ T-ups/ Push-ups
2. Sumo Squats/ Sumo low pulses (basically bobbing up and down in the sumo squat position) / Sumo Jumps
3. Pivot Lunges left/ Pivot Lunges right/ Burpees
4. Bent over rows/ Dead Lifts/ bent over rows
5. Arnold press right/ Arnold press left/ Arnold press -both arms

2 cycles of that....dude. That's not even the end. First I'll explain a few things. Walk outs are bending over, walking forward and backward on your hands, feet planted. T-Ups are one of my new favorite moves. A total abdominal cruncher. In a push-up plank, you raise one arm up to the sky, at the top you're in the upper body part of a side pillar, and your body looks like a 'T'. Then you alternate hands. During warm-up I thought there was no way in hell I'd be able to do those, I can't do push-ups yet without being on my knees so I tried these on my knees and it hurt so bad and was super hard. Once we started the actual rotation I decided to give it a try after walking out on my hands and surprisingly enough I was able to do them! On all fours, the way they should be done!! Not only that, the version on my knees was actually a lot more painful, and not in a good way. So there is an example of a modification that did NOT work in my favor. YAY. Lastly, since the rest are pretty self-explanatory, are the Arnold Presses. I guess that term is something the governator coined as a signature move way back in the day when he was pumping iron for a living.

It goes like this:

So like I said before, those sets were not the whole regime. There was more....

We partnered up and geared up for some side pillar with tension band rows. Holy Heck.. While in a side pillar position with the tension band in your hand, your partner is pulling away from you, hence to create tension, while you are rowing it into your side. They are moving all over the place, holding the band high, low, hard, harder, shuffling sideways, up, down.. you get the picture. We switched sides and places I think 4 times for a total of 8 rounds.

I'm seriously going to have some major ab muscles if this type of workout continues..I'm not complaining though! With Curtis' lower body routines that'll give anyone that Kim K booty, upper body strengthening, and just some total body CORE WARS, I'm on the road to a hot bod. It's pretty serious.

Again, awesome boot camp week. I have TRX to look forward to on Saturday, and then we'll start all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment