Monday, October 10, 2011

What.The.EFF. Monday

Today is the beginning of week 5 for me (yay!) and Curtis is back from Hawaii. I was realllllly looking forward to tonight because I have a little cold and I was hoping working out would make me feel a little better. Tonight definitely got my lungs working aka gasping/gulping/begging for air.

First things first though. During warm-up, probably doing jumping jacks, my pants started to feel a little loose. I tried to tighten the drawstring but I had double knotted it 2-3 years ago when I had first bought them, all the way at the tip of the strings. I wanted room to stretch I guess... Thinking about that, why the hell would I want room to stretch LARGER than my already plus sized stretchy fat pants?? Whatever, anyway... I had to act quick and get that damn knot out or my neighbor campers wind up singing this:



Where I had them before, they fit comfortably, sometimes snug around my waist. I measured how much I'd shortened them when I got home and it was 8 inches! SUCCESS!

As for the rest of the night, we did 2 different Super Sets that consisted of TRX Jump Squats, and TRX Push-ups. We could've done those at our mats with a dumbell, and regular push-ups, but I've become a TRX junky so that wasn't an option for me. The second Super Set was burpees and forward/reverse sprints. Do you remember what a burpee is?



During the first round at the TRX station, I was actually jumping off the ground during the jump squats. Well sounds like a no brainer, but when we'd done these before I couldn't get my fat booty to leave the earth, so I'd just pop up onto my toes. This time, I could jump. A few inches even. We repeated each set twice and on the second cycle, round 4 or so, Curtis happened to look over at me during my FIRST break where I'd gone to popping up on my toes instead of jumping. My bloody luck, huh? Of course he yelled at me to jump up off the ground, which I did. But just so you all know, my calves are on freakin' FIRE from how much jumping I was doing!

After the Super Sets, we partnered up. One of us would hold a push-up pillar/plank while the other sprinted 30 or so yards. When they came back, we switched places. This went on for 4 minutes and it was hell the entire time. I suppose I loved it after the fact, but during... eff that noise.

It was extremely hard to breathe tonight from the very beginning. I also have a chest cold which made breathing even more of a challenge. I was okay though, I think I needed to slow down on one of the sprinting rounds. I needed a super hard workout tonight and I certainly got one! I actually said "What the *insert expletive* Curtis!?" It was probably the most intense boot camp session I've been to since I've started 5 weeks ago.

I also have some major love for the 6:30pm Rock Star campers. Several times, by several different people I was getting "Come on Erika!", "You've got this!", "Push Harder!", "You're doing great!", "Only 2 more minutes, you can do it!". There is nothing more motivating than people around you rooting for you and cheering you on. It's an amazing feeling and just when I felt like slowing it down, someone would give me a holler and I got a quick shot of energy, a desire to do even better.

Thank you to everyone that supports me and loves me. It makes this journey even more enjoyable. My goals WILL be reached with the team I have surrounding me. You ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment