Thursday, October 27, 2011

Ninja Status

I'm a little late on my blog post, I usually write at night after I get my kids in bed but by the time I had a minute to sit down last night it was almost 11pm and I needed to go to sleep before delirium set in.

So last night's boot camp was FUN. We did a lot of kicking KA-CHOW! lol I did feel like a ninja a few times. We were jumping over fire (imaginary of course) to train for the Spartan Race, that I'm not doing, side kicking, front kicking, speed skating.

It kind of reminded me of Tae Bo, but way cooler. I'm definitely feeling the sore-ness in my legs. My hips were on fire last night from all the thrust kicking. Near the end I had to picture someone coming at me and I had to defend myself by kicking them away, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to finish the round!!

I've met lots of new people lately now that more people have started. I really love the group environment of Rock Star, seeing the same people every night. You make friends that support you and that is so important to be successful, at least for me. I find that surrounding myself with positive people with similar goals makes me feel more confident in my ability to succeed.  Curtis always writes the best quotes and inspiration on the Rock Star Facebook page. It's usually exactly what I need to hear in the moment. One that really stuck with me is:

"Share your goals with the RIGHT people - the ones who will encourage you, motivate you, and connect you with others who will move you forward towards your goals and dreams. And constantly take action - one step (baby or giant, doesn't matter) every day closer to your goals and dreams."

More fun stuff: Curtis was going on about what food is good for you, and not good for you. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups eaten frequently are NOT going to get the fat off your booty. BEER is also not a friend to fat-loss. They're enemies, and in a battle, the beer gut will win. He gets all riled up, "NO BEER!!!" And then another camper, Elizabeth, totally called out her friend that she brought along to "Kill-a-Friend Wednesday" and had Curtis come take a look. He had on some awesome socks. What do you think Curtis thought about them?



Pretty funny. Last night I made this awesome cucumber concoction. I posted it about it on the Honey, I Shrunk My Butt Facebook page, check it out. The "recipe" is in the description. It's healthy, quick, and an amazing topper to just about anything.

Today is boot camp Friday, can't wait for tonight's session!

No comments:

Post a Comment