Tuesday, October 11, 2011

SWS, I hate you.

"SWS is a dreadful affliction, 'Steering Wheel Syndrome' is commonly spread at Rock Star and can affect your ability to operate heavy machinery or control the steering wheel with wobbly arms/shoulders while driving home from boot camp - there is no immediate cure, we're sorry ;)"--Curtis

This morning a fellow camper posted on the Rock Star Facebook page that she had SWS after this morning's work out. I asked what it was, and the answer is the quote above. I already had a name for this: "hurt-so-bad-I-need-help-snapping/unsnapping-my-own-bra syndrome." Never mind getting in and out of a sports bra, that's near impossible with this syndrome. SWS is much shorter, and easier to remember though.


Well after tonight, I have SWS. A serious case too. I kind of like it though because I know after this pain will come some major strength, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel!


We did a partner series for tonight that included Sumo Squats, Courtsey Lunges, Double-leg hip extensions, and Split lunge all of which included some time of dumb-bell press/pull/row. I had 15lb-ers tonight and by the end of each round I was really struggling. I loved it! I really felt challenged today. 




After those sets repeated a few times we moved on to the "Spartan Screamer 2.0"... I'm not sure I remember the 1.0, maybe that was last weeks? Whatever it was, it was delicious. I know I wont be doing the Spartan Race this year, but it is a goal of mine to do it eventually. Maybe the next one. I still do enjoy the Spartan Screamers that Curtis puts us ALL through as if we are all training for the event. This time we did some dumb-bell clean presses, then cross-jacks, other arm for the dumb-bell presses, then finished the round off with mountain climbers.. I'm getting good at those suckers!


Tonight was glorious. My body is really feeling it right now even as I type this. I'm going to be moaning tomorrow about how sore I am and I look forward to it. I haven't felt this sore since probably week 1. A successful day, lots of sweat, no tears or puke... Thanks again Curtis!

No comments:

Post a Comment