Monday, October 3, 2011

"Tearin' up your Tiki" Boot Camp Monday

TGIM.

It's pretty typical to hear "ugh.. the weekend is over, it's Monday already?!boooo" from the regular M-F 9-5ers. Not many times do you hear TGIM, "thank God it's Monday!" That was what I've been saying today. This whole entire weekend, starting Friday I've been a complete unmotivated bum. Tired, lazy, no energy, bored, etc. Since Friday, I was counting down the days until I returned to boot camp and got my blood flowing and booty shakin' again. I think I could do camp 7 days a week. Is that too much? Is that crazy? Last week there was no TRX Saturday so I didn't even have that tasty treat to tide me over until today. FINALLY!

Rachelle, leader of TRX Saturdays, is our trainer for an entire week! Curtis is off on some beach in Hawaii, probably eating some amazing freshly caught-2 hours-ago fish and local island veggies...mmm I can't wait for day that I return to the islands, where I belong....
...
I got distracted.. Anyway. Rachelle was great today. I sweat a ton and my muscles are already getting a little sore. Success! We did some more of those 60 second deals, with a short rest of 15 seconds in between. 8 rounds, 3 cycles. Something new I did today for my first time since being at boot camp (I'm in week 4) was TRX curtsey lunges. Those are pretty hard. Man do I love TRX, I'm sooo looking forward to Saturday!

***extra, extra!!!***
I held my pillar today ON ALL FOURS... (for like 12 seconds, but still). We did these things, I didn't catch the name of it, I'm not sure she gave it an a name during the demo, but I'll call them push-up pillar jacks. Get down in push-up position and proceed to jump your feet out wide then back in like you would during a jumping jack. I, of course, couldn't quite do that, I tried, but I had to modify to side stepping, instead of 'jumping'.

Another camper earned some major points in my book too, she said I looked slimmer. HOLLA! Thank you thank you thank you! (Why can't I place your name? I'll get it tomorrow, I know I know it. I feel stoopid now)

Tonight was great, again TGIM! Fo Sho.





No comments:

Post a Comment