Saturday, October 29, 2011

Slacker!

Whoops I totally forgot that I hadn't blogged yet about boot camp Friday, for some reason I thought I had, then NOT blogging about TRX Saturday today reminded me. So Yea, I've been slacking here, sorry!

I didn't get to go to TRX Saturday today, the hubs work schedule changed last minute and supposedly he told me (he didn't). If he did, I wouldn't have signed up for TRX, dur.

Anyway. Thursday finished up the week at Rock Star.. we went out with a bang. I think I was ready to just about collapse but I knew if I did that, I might not be able to get back up. It was such a tough workout for me. Probably because it included TRX pull ups. I hate pull ups. I can't do them. I tried and tried and tried and maybe I didn't have my footing right or something but I seriously struggled. I mean obviously pull ups are hard for anyone, but maybe having so much weight on myself makes it even harder for me. I didn't enjoy them at all. I guess I should probably ask Curtis about my form just to make sure it's a lack of strength thing.

On top of that we did some Squat Jacks. When Curtis was explaining them I swear he sounded like an infomercial lol! "It's like a Squat, plus a Jumping Jack, ALL IN ONE!!" Oh goodie. We all know any kind of Jack sucks for the girls. He also said for some people, if they're up to it, to try the knew variation that another camper came up with, which included a heal click at the top of the jack instead of just bringing your feet together. I just laughed at that option...maybe someday.

Going back to the beginning of the night, we "warmed up". Warm up usually is a run down of each exercise we'll be doing during the session.. usually like 30s to a minute each, lots of running in place.. etc. Well this warm up was much more than that. It was full of some lovely Isometric Holds. I wrote about those the first time I did them here. Then the next day we did some more of them, with pictures added here. Anyway, It went like this:

10s work, 3s (YES ONLY THREE!) of rest, 6 rounds each before moving to the next station.

1. Mountain Climbers, yes you're not really holding still, but still holding a pillar and moving your legs.
2. Side Pillar Left
3. Side Pillar Right
4. Lateral Lunges, alternating sides each round
5. Double Leg Hip extensions.

May I remind you, this was the WARM UP!

Then we really got busy.

40s work, 20s rest.. visit each station 2x

1. TRX Pull ups
2. Side-by-side w/ pivot medicine ball slams
3. Push Ups elevators.. going from push up pillar on your hands, down to your elbows, back up to your hands, lather rinse repeat.
4. Lateral Lunges
5. Squat Jacks

Oh wait, we're not even done yet. For the finisher, Curtis gave us a wonderful 2 minutes of non-stop BURPEES. I think I should name this week Burpee Week. I feel like we've done a billion burpees this week. Oh well, they're delicious.

What an amazing week. Don't eat too much candy everyone! Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. haha love the quote you added! congrats on completing the workout! those squat jacks are HARD!

    ReplyDelete