Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cardio Slam Bam Wednesday

I! AM! SO! SORE!

Holy cow, today was awesome. I haven't sweat so much since Bikram Boot Camp! Yesterday's camp sessions left me with a serious case of TSS (toilet seat syndrome-- hurt so bad you can't sit down on the toilet or chair without gravity taking over and making you fall = no leg control) so I was a little nervous that I might totally collapse tonight (I didn't, phew). Here is the break down:

Battle rope slams
Sled dragging
Medicine ball shot putting
Mountain climbers, inclined mountain climbers or tire climbers

Repeat those rotations for a few cycles.


First-- I LOVE the battle ropes. Maybe I just feel like such a bad-ass when I'm doing them, IDK but they're fun to me. Killer, but fun. The ones I happened to grab when it was my turn at that station ended up being gigantor. Curtis called them python anaconda monster snake ropes. Uh huh, I got me some of that. Definitely a BAMF! We weren't just whipping the ropes around either, we're picking them up and slamming them down as hard as possible. It was pretty intense.

Second-- Tire Climbers: um.. not for me, yet. So basically in the traditional mountain climber (MS) position, you're in a push-up stance, inclined you can raise your upper body on a tire or wall... Tire Climbers is just the opposite. Instead of inclining your upper body, you raise your lower body. So your feet are now planked to a tire, and continue the MCs as usual. Definitely an advanced move, the rush of blood to the brain probably doesn't feel that great lol!.

I chose to use the tire for my MCs, inclined of course but instead of doing the regular knee to chest, I did the criss-cross version. I posted about those a long time ago here. I doubt I could do these on the ground but I think that inclined really made it more possible for me to get the full benefit of the exercise. On the ground I could only go so far before dropping down to my knees.

I ate amazingly today, and by the way, the yogurt ranch dip I made last night was delish. I highly recommend it. I can't believe tomorrow is already boot camp Friday. At least we have TRX on Saturday, WOOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment