Thursday, September 22, 2011

Brithday Burpees

There were 2 people with birthdays at last night's camp and Curtis was so generous to give them both gifts. In fact, he gave us ALL a birthday presents to honor them. It wasn't a iPod, it wasn't a pretty box wrapped in a bow, and it definitely wasn't a cake. We got some Burpees... 90 seconds of them.

If you don't know what a Burpee is:
Now I do a modification since I'm not quite ready for the full burpee. But they're still hard. Let's just say there were a few people that said they will NOT be telling Curtis when their birthday's are, especially if this is their present LOL!

So we did the burpees, and THEN started our warm-up. After warm-up, we did all sorts of things. This was Wild-card Wednesday, so there were tons of different stations to choose from during our super sets. Battle ropes, tire flipping, dragging weights, three-headed dragons, throwing the medicine ball around... and some other stuff that was too advanced for me.

I did a lot of tired flipping. When I got home, the hubs said it looks liked I'd been abused (well duh, I was at Rock Star after-all) because my hands, wrists and legs had black marks.. The tires were DIRTY! I didn't really care much. I mean, I grew up on a horse ranch... tire soot was probably cleaner than most things I touched.

Today is boot camp Friday, last day of the workout week. I'll have a day off (the real Friday) from camp and then go back Saturday morning for my first TRX workout. I'll be sure to report about that.

I'm going to get an updated pic of me posted Friday. Hopefully I'll be able to see a transformation, even just a tinsy winsy one.

Until then, look at a few of my gorgeous sisters, I'm going to be skinny too some day so I can share clothes [with the tall one] and shoes.. she has an amazing shoe collection. The shirt I'm wearing is basically a small tent :/ (pic was a little over a year ago)

1 comment:

  1. Boot camp is definitely addictive! Just keep going... it never fails to amaze me how hand in hand good eating and working out go. When I go to camp, I eat well all day (like who wants to waste that amazing workout with crap food, right?). If I am away from camp for too long, my eating starts to slide and then guess what. I feel crappy. Surround yourself with motivators, not haters. We boot campers are a special breed - an elite - you're one of us now. Revel in your accomplishments! In my 18 months at camp I've seen plenty of people never make it to week 2 or even day 2. Good on ya!

    ReplyDelete