Monday, September 19, 2011

Cardio Blast Monday

First I'll start off by saying I'm finally calming down from a minor asthma attack induced by this mornings cardio booty-kick. Yea I worked THAT hard. I haven't had asthma in like...idk 3 or 4 years? What does that tell you about how active I've been? Sad.

Today was boot camp Day 5 for me. It was just as hard as last week, but I've made more accomplishments. I did a new cross crawler move, and get this, I was ON MY TOES! In the push up position, I've been doing the on-my-knees modification because the pressure I felt on my surgery incision. Today I got up on my toes and I did most of the exercise (with some modifications) without having to go down to my knees. I did drop down 2-3 times, but this was a big deal for me. My core is slowly getting stronger and I'm feeling more and more confident. Next on the list-- push ups on all fours.

Second thing, remember those mountain climbers I wrote about here? We did those again today and I LEFT THE GROUND! another big deal. I was actually able to keep sprinting off the ground in this position for the majority of the round, a few times I had to slow it down a bit.

I caught myself smiling a few times while shuffling back and forth just thinking, "I just owned that mountain climber." I didn't really own it... but I'm in week 2 and I'm already getting stronger and it's exciting to think maybe next week I'll really be kickin' ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment