Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 6

...of boot camp, and Curtis' workout wasn't the hardest part of the day :( (DEFINITELY not saying it wasn't hard... it was delicious) I've been so blessed with so many supporters, friends, fans, strangers etc. that are gunning for me to do well in this whole thing and get healthy. Everyday I meet someone new at camp, last night a man (I didn't catch his name) walked up to me, shook my hand and told me I was doing an amazing job. These are the kind of people I need in my life.. btw, THANK YOU, I'll have to get your name if you're there tonight Mr.

The kind of people I really can't stand right now are the ones that seem like they want me to fail. "That's too hard, slow down, take a day off..." Do they WANT me to be fat? Do they want me to lose out on my daughters childhood because I'm too out of shape to play with them? What do these people think they're accomplishing by saying crap to hold me back? Because you know after-all, being this big has been so damn full-filling, right? Someone even smirked and said "psh well I can't tell you've been working out." thanks a lot. betch.

I have to keep reminding myself that these comments don't matter. Maybe no one can see a difference yet, but I can feel it. I feel better, stronger, I have more energy, I'm in a better mood. I don't feel skinnier though. It's only mid-week 2 and I've got a lot of flab to lose so I guess I won't see the results for a little while.... maybe next week.. HA HA.. jk..

Something Curtis put up on his Facebook page really hit home for me last night. I had read it early in the day, but it meant a lot more after all the a-holes I encountered. He wrote:
"Don’t get upset by things you can’t control. Go with the flow. Breathe. Work on improving everything else. Don’t take things personally. Keep on moving ahead. Don’t get set-back by negative people."
 Thanks man. I needed to read that.

Leaving the pity party now. Boot camp was HARD. I might've been a little reserved at first because of my asthma attack I had the day before and not having an inhaler scared me a wee bit. I was okay though. I did more push-ups than I've done before, not on all fours yet, but I'm getting there. I did some side pillar hold things and started out all the way on my hands, instead of resting on my elbow. I eventually had to drop down, but this was the first time I'd been able to go all the way up. YAY.

I've started to journal everything I'm eating so we can evaluate what/if I'm doing right/wrong. It's still early, I've only had breakfast, but it was DELICIOUS!

I had HALF of the omelet pictured below.

3 organic, cage free eggs from MY OWN CHICKENS, that my best friend takes care of since I don't have the land.
A ridiculous amount of veggies: LOTS of spinach, red onion, red & green bell pepper, mushroom (sauteed veggies with 1/2 tbs of organic butter).
Topped with my home-made fresh salsa I made last night.... I can share that recipe if you want. Just ask!

I had to add some color in there, hence the kiwi. It was for Elika, but she turned her nose up to it. So I ate it, and it was sooo mmmm good.


No comments:

Post a Comment